The course is delivered through a range of practical sessions using the farm facilities at Blackmans Dairy and Faulkner Farm. There are some classroom based sessions. Assessment is through a range of styles including practical assessments, photographic and video evidence logs, workbooks and written assignments.
Once completed students can progress onto a Level 2 qualification.
Steel toe-capped boots, wellington boots, waterproof clothing, Hadlow college t-shirt, jumper and overalls.
The course structure is a mixture of land-based subjects, the following are examples of some of the topics students can expect to study:
• Being organised
• Developing a personal progression plan
• Working with others
• Researching a topic
• Finding out about the land-based sector
• Caring for and feeding animals
• Moving and accommodating animals
• Growing plants
• Using workshop tools in a land-based setting
• Preparing soil for planting