Students benefit from a wide range of links with commercial nurseries, research institutes, organic producers, public and privately owned gardens as well as exposure to the retail world through our onsite garden centre. The College is also a member of the Royal Horticultural Society; NCCPG and the Hardy Plant Society.
Please note that all programme specifications and course modules are subject to annual change.
The following are examples of some of the topics
students can expect to study within the course:
• Safe and effective working practices
• Develop performance in land-based industries
• Work experience and employability skills
• Transportation and maintenance of equipment and supplies
• Maintenance of structures and surfaces
• Planting and establishing plants
• Carry out tractor operations
• Functional skills/GCSE - English and maths
Assessment is through a range of styles including practical assessments, photographic and video evidence logs, workbooks and written assignments.
Steel toe capped waterproof boots, secateurs and appropriate outdoor all weather clothing.