Students will be assessed throughout the course using assignments, projects, practical tests and external assessments. Students are encouraged to relate theory to practice in all assessments.
Once completed students can progress onto a Level 3 qualification or enter the agricultural industry.
Steel toe-capped boots, wellington boots, waterproof clothing, Hadlow college t-shirt, jumper and overalls.
The following are examples of some of the topics students can expect to study within the course:
• Introduction to working in land-based industries
• Introduction to plant and soil science
• Agriculture work placement
• Machinery operations in agriculture
• Livestock husbandry
• Crop production
• Farming and agricultural estate maintenance
• Academic study skills