The teaching methods will be a mixture of practical and theory on the one day at college. Teaching, mentoring and demonstrations in the workplace.
Assessment will range from summative and formative in the classroom to observational, practical and portfolio on work-based placement visits.
End point assessment on practical (60%), written knowledge (20%) and professional interview (20%) elements.
• Fundamentals of machinery and engineering
• Comply with Health and safety in the workshop environment
• Correct application of hand and power tools
• Carry out basic servicing on land based machinery
• Maintain and carry out basic repairs to braking, transmission electrical, Hydraulic systems
• Interpret basic technical data
• Demonstrate manual dexterity
• Good service engineering practices
• Apply skills in a logical and systematic manner to solve problems
• Methods to thermally joining metals
• Effective communication and customer care
• Work efficiently and effectively both under supervision
• First aid and Abrasive wheel training
• Carry out simple diagnostic task
Employment into Agricultural, Groundcare or Plant and Construction engineering.
This Apprenticeship enables you to learn about the maintenance and repair of a range of mechanised Land-based equipment used in Agriculture, Ground care and Plant and Construction industries.
Do you enjoy taking things apart and getting your hands dirty? Are you always interested how things work mechanically? If it’s a yes then the Land based service engineering apprenticeship could be an exciting career pathway for you. The apprenticeship is designed to inspire practically minded people that are interested in repairing machinery.
• 201 Health and Safety,
• 202 Applying Mechanical principles,
• 203 How to Service and Maintain
• 204 Material preparation
• 205 Carry out servicing,
• 206 Thermal Joining
• 207 Engine cooling and Lubrication
• 219 Electrical systems
• 220 Hydraulics
• 221 Develop personal performance
• 222 Effective working relationships
Optional units pending on pathways
• 208 Engine repairs
• 209 Clutch systems
• 210 Transmission systems
• 211 Braking systems
• 212 Repairs to wheeled and tracked
• 213 Repairs to Tyres and tracks
• 214 Repairs to cutting and mowing machinery
• 215 Servicing Harvesting equipment
• 216 Soil and plant establishment
• 217 Repairs to storage equipment
• 218 Service to pneumatic systems
• 223 Operating Plant machinery
• 224 Repair of construction machinery
• 225 Repairs to earthmoving machiner
• Emergency first aid
• Abrasive Wheels Certificate