Students benefit from a wide range of links with commercial nurseries, research institutes, organic producers, public and privately owned gardens as well as exposure to the retail world through our onsite garden centre. The College is also a member of the Royal Horticultural Society; NCCPG and the Hardy Plant Society.
Please note that all programme specifications and course modules are subject to annual change.
The following are examples of some of the topics students can expect to study within the course:
• Establish and maintain plants outdoors
• Understand the basic principles of plant science
• Understand the basic principles of soil science
• Work experience
• Construct landscape foundations and surfaces
• Introduction to plant selection
• Introduction to plant nomenclature terminology and identification
• Participate in propagation techniques
• Functional skills/GCSE - English and maths
Assessment is through a range of styles including practical assessments, photographic and video evidence logs, workbooks and written assignments.
Steal toe capped waterproof boots, secateurs, appropriate outdoor all weather clothing and Hadlow Horticultural livery.