To help you settle in and enjoy your time with us we offer a range of support. The high standards our support reach was recognised during our last OFSTED 'Care Standards' Inspection - once again (for the fourth consecutive time) we received a Grade 1 'outstanding' with no recommendations needed to improve our services.
At the start of your course you'll be assigned a personal tutor who will guide and monitor you during your time with us. In your one-to-one tutorials, which are held regularly throughout the year, you will have the chance to discuss careers, health and social education, as well as academic progress.
Equal opportunities to succeed
We are proud to provide an environment where equality of opportunity is offered and diversity celebrated. We expect anyone entering the College to contribute towards this environment so that it remains a welcoming and inclusive place. We actively celebrate diversity and will vigorously challenge any form of discrimination or bullying. We are happy to make reasonable adjustments to ensure that students with a disability do not face disadvantage in studying and achieving at the College.
We know that some care leavers may face difficulties in coming to college and succeeding to the best of their ability. You may face financial worries or problems at home. You may need support building confidence or, from time to time, may need emotional support.
Should you want it, you will be offered a meeting with the dedicated member of staff for children in care and care leavers. You do not have to take this up, but it would help us if you could let us know that you don’t need our help; you can always change your mind later on.
For more information, contact our Designated Member of Staff.
Some of the types of support on offer include:
- Meetings with the dedicated member of staff to listen to you and your personal situation.
- Help in applying for available financial support.
- Advice with filling out forms.
- Help with study skills.
- Help in paying your travel expenses if you need to attend open days etc.
- Work with your local authority Key Worker, with your agreement, to provide the best possible service to you.
- Information to you of events and workshops and any new initiatives that may be of interest to you.